Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8th**MOTHERS DAY**

Today is a very special day to all of us. Mothers day is very special and I am very thankful for the mother that I was born to SULIETI UNALOTO KI 'UIHA KIOA-TAKAI.  The backbone to our family,the teacher,nurse,care giver I can go on about my mother. One unique thing about my mom that you can ask anyone in our family about is, if you just say TANGI she starts crying. That I love and adore my mom about. I give thanks to my mother for everything that she has done for me. I was a really stubborn little girl growing up and I have grown up to grow out of that.
I am proud to say that I AM WHO I AM TODAY because of MY MOTHER. I am now a mother myself and I FULLY understand and appreciate all the teachings that my mom would always (in our native language) akonaki'i my brothers and I. As a little girl growing up my mom would always akonaki'i us on our drives to mutual,church,volleyball games,basketball games,store,grandmas house,name it u got it and I would always try to close my ears and not listen. Now I am a mother I am very much grateful for everything that my mother taught me. I may not be the typical perfect tongan girl but I was in my mothers eyes. Forever my heart goes out to the only special woman in my life "MY MOTHER"

2 comments:

  1. Awwww Happy mothers day Nipa(: Your boys are adorable & are very lucky to have you as a mother! Hope your day was a great one! Take care(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nancy!!! Same goes for you. im glad Im back to blogging lol

    ReplyDelete